These are the skills in effective communication that enables one to gather more information from a client. This module was guided by rev. Fr. Wijnand HUIJS, MHM.
The goal of the presentation of this Module is of two dimensions:
- To equip participants with skills which will enable them to relate and communicate more effectively, more meaningfully and healthily with self, others and God.
- To empower participants to help and teach others to utilize these skills.
The expectations envisaged from the presentation of the module shall be for participants:
- to use and integrate these basic growth facilitation and communication skills in their daily interactions and as such will have learned to improve their relationships through more effective communication.
- to learn have learned the use of these skills in one to one and growth group settings
- to have understood the importance and value of these skills for their daily interactions and community life.
To this effect, our facilitator recalled one of Dietrich Bonhoeffersayings on listening: “The first service that one owes to others in the fellowship consists in listening to them… Christians, especially ministers, so often think they must always contribute something when they are in the company of others… they forget that listening can be a greater service than speaking. Many people are looking for an ear that will listen… ” With this, we went into the module of Helping skills which are mainly communication skills which in the process of sharing experiences in the journey of life, encourage client to give more information about self.
Click here to read the whole article >>>